Rustler is an open-world, top-down action game paying tribute to classic GTA 2 style and gameplay, fusing it with a historically inaccurate medieval setting. Play as Guy, whose parents were too lazy to give him a proper name. Experience feudal injustice, witch-hunting, and join big tournaments. Meet valiant yet incredibly stupid knights. Complete a wide variety of twisted missions and quests, or ignore the plot and bring mayhem to the villages and cities. Travel on foot or steal a horse; fight with a sword or pick a fancy automatic crossbow. All that spiced with inappropriate, Monty Python inspired humor.
- Be a bold, bald thug in a medieval sandbox The world of Rustler is filled with humor, anachronisms, and pop culture references. Remember Monty Python? Ever been towed for parking in a “NO HORSE ZONE”? Speaking of horses – what if they were treated like Pokémon?
- Wreak havoc with top-down, old-school combat Use swords, spears, turds, and crossbows. Not efficient enough? Try a holy hand grenade or your horse. Nothing’s deadlier than a galloping set of hooves.
- Screw everyone over to win half the kingdom As a poor peasant, you need to get creative to win the Great Tournament™. Form strange alliances, double-cross your foes, and dig up dinosaur bones in a light, easy-to-understand and hard-to-empathize-with story.
- Hire bards to aid you musically in battle A bard is your sweaty personal radio. He’ll never leave your side, even amidst the bloodiest of conflicts, and he’ll change the song’s dynamic depending on the action. Or, if the tune isn’t to your liking, make him change it by punching him in the face.
- A lot of horsin’ around Shoot cows into the sky, dress up as a guard or Death himself, smoke weed by accident, draw fancy shapes with a plowing cart, survive a full onslaught from the guards after killing half the city – just some of the crazy things you can do in Rustler.