|21 May 2020||PC|
|Firesprite Games||Firesprite Games|
|Go to[icon type=”icon-popup”]|
Having made waves on PSVR in 2018, The Persistence offers players an intentionally savage take on survival-horror that integrates an innovative rogue-like design into the genre, with its release on console and PC marking the first time it’s hit the 4K flat screen and Firesprite’s debut on both Nintendo and Microsoft platforms.
Set in the year 2521, The Persistence charges players with surviving on board a doomed deep space colony starship overrun with horrific and murderous mutants. Play sees them fighting their way through the depths of an ever-changing labyrinth to bring the ship back to Earth, with this new version heightening the tension thanks to enhanced environments and post-processing effects.
As part of the new release, Firesprite Games is also pleased to confirm that gamers who already own the PlayStation VR version will also receive these features via an update on PlayStation 4 for no extra cost.
The Persistence features:
- A brutal take on the survival-horror genre that integrates rogue-like design elements to give the action an extra edge
- Procedurally generated stages that change with each playthrough, creating a labyrinth-like experience that adds to the tension
- Live, die, repeat. Play as dozens of different clones on board the ship, each one with the potential to be stronger than the last
- Tailored controls. enhanced environments and post-processing effects for PC, PS4 and Xbox One deliver a heightened fidelity of horror for fans of the genre
- Atmospheric, cutting-edge visuals in docked, handheld or tabletop modes for the Nintendo Switch platform